Jobs & Contracts
Meetings & Events
Maps & Data
September / October 2006
- Amended the rules surrounding FasTrak® to encourage
more drivers to sign up for the electronic toll collection
program. Beginning October 1, 2006, the opening prepaid toll
balance required for new
customers will drop to $25 from the current $40. And, for
customers opening a FasTrak® account with cash or a check
instead of a credit card, the deposit for a toll tag will
drop from $30 to $20.
BATA Resolution 52-Revised
- Took a support position on three measures appearing on the November 2006
- Proposition 1A/Transportation Funding Protection – Will
fully dedicate gasoline sales tax revenues to transportation
and potentially deliver $3.4 billion to the Bay Area
over 10 years.
- Proposition 1B/Highway Safety, Traffic Reduction, Air
Quality, Port Security Bond Act of 2006 – This $19.9
billion bond proposal would pump roughly $4.5 billion into Bay Area
transportation infrastructure over a 10-year period.
- Proposition 1C/Housing and Emergency Shelter Trust Fund
Act of 2006 – This
$2.8 billion bond measure for affordable housing would set aside $850 million
to promote infill development and $300 million for a Transit-Oriented Development
Program. Given the region’s
leadership in this area, Bay Area cities, counties and transit agencies
will be in a strong position to compete for this pot.